We have been in a list making mode recently at CoffeeKrave. To continue the trend, we present out Top Ten Coffee Makers. From the Espro Press to the Cona Vacuum Brewer . . . here are our takes on the top gear to grace your countertops.
Authors Note: When Daniel, Editor and Chief here at CoffeeKrave, assigned me this article, I broke out in a cold sweat. Any “top ten” list is going to be subjective by nature, but a top ten coffee maker list? That’s one difficult combinatorial optimization problem right there. I decided the optimal way to constrain this search was to cut the cord. As in the power cord.
In other words, this is the Top Ten Coffee Makers – Unplugged Edition.
(No doubt we will be presenting a Part II – “Plugged In” follow-up sometime in the near future. Stay tuned.)
The very best of manual . . . in no particular order:
1. Hario V60 Dripper: Hario translates to “King of Glass” and the V60 is the king of the cone pour overs.
2. Kalita Wave Dripper: If the V60 is the king of the cones, the Wave is the king of the flatlands. Also available in stainless, for those who tend to drop things before their first cup.
3. Espro Press: I have used mine almost daily since writing my review last August, and my feelings have only grown stronger. This is a love match for life. Be sure to check out our Espro Press giveaway.
4. Mypressi TWIST V2: Our only manual entry for espresso, the TWIST has some serious field creds.
5. Cona Vacuum Brewer: To continue on the royalty theme, Sweet Maria’s calls the Cona the “the king of vacuum coffee brewers.” Vacuum brewers are top ten gear for anyone who secretly wants to brew while wearing a lab coat.
8. Chemex Drip Carafe: Speaking of classic . . . They had me at the tagline: “The Chemists Way: Extract the Best and Skip the Rest.” Photo Credit: confusedbee via cc
10. Yama Cold Brewer: When I applied to write for CoffeeKrave, I put under credentials that I have iced coffee running through my veins. I don’t own one of these (yet), but I have had the privilege of seeing one in action. A thing of beauty and function.
Do you like brewing sans electricity? Leave your manual comments for us below!
Last updated byat .