Sometimes it makes sense to buy an item online, but with food and drinks, your luck can go either way. If you’re looking to buy coffee online, we’ve made a guide for you to help you on your search.
Considerations When Buying Coffee Online
If you buy coffee online, you should have a general idea of the flavors you love and detest. If you don’t know if you prefer dark roasts, or sweeter coffees, you can experiment with drinks from your local coffee shop. This way, you can test out different flavors each day without committing to a huge package of coffee that can last you a month. If you don’t want to spend money to find out what type of coffee you like, drop by your friends’ places for a cup (but don’t forget to bring something delicious in return!)
Be sure to research the store/company before you buy from them. See if they roast their beans on site, or if they specialize in a certain type of coffee bean.
Pros of Buying Coffee Online
- You may be able to get a bargain if you buy coffee online, but be aware of shipping costs.
- The Internet lets smaller coffee companies distribute their products directly to you, so you may be able to find a unique flavor of coffee that wouldn’t usually be sold in your area. You can also buy coffees from around the world.
Cons of Buying Coffee Online
- The biggest downside to buying coffee online is not knowing exactly what the coffee will taste like. Try to request a sample of the coffees you want to buy so you can taste them before you buy them. Otherwise, try not to buy in bulk, just in case you end up hating the flavor.
- Another downside can be not knowing the quality of the coffee beans if you’re buying from a company you’re unfamiliar with. A way to get around this is to ask your friends what they enjoy, but if they’re not big on drinking coffee, read reviews and ask online coffee communities.
Where to Buy Coffee Online
A quick Google search can direct you to pages upon pages of companies that sell coffee online. We’ve compiled a list of a few good websites that let you buy coffee online
1. Coffee For Less: This website carries a bunch of familiar coffee brands
2. Flavorbean: This site offers interesting flavors like cinnamon pecan brownie, tropical vanilla, black forest cake, and more.
3. D’Amico Foods : This store has an organic coffee selection.
4. Kaldi: This site organizes its coffees by geographic location if you want to try something exotic.
5. Lamill: These coffees are roasted on a timed schedule to ensure freshness
6. Peet’s: This store carries familiar flavors and coffees categorized by geographic area.
Honorable mention: Amazon.com. Sells coffee from major brands and smaller roasters as well as single-serve K-cups and Nespresso capsules. However, you won’t find the same level of dedication here compared to online stores specializing in freshly roasted beans.
Main Photo: alsis35
Content Photo: hijukal